Arab women writers : a critical reference guide, 1873-1999
- Cairo, Egypt : American University in Cairo Press, ©2008
- Resource Type:
Where to find it
Additional/Related Title Information
- Full Title:
- Arab women writers : a critical reference guide, 1873-1999 / edited by Radwa Ashour, Ferial J. Ghazoul, Hasna Reda-Mekdashi ; translated by Mandy McClure
- Uniform Title:
- Dhakira li-l-mustaqbal. English.
- Additional Author/Creators:
ʻĀshūr, Raḍwá, editor
Ghazoul, Ferial Jabouri, 1939-, editor
Reda-Mekdashi, Hasna, editor
McClure, Mandy, translator
Arabic literature--Women authors
Arabic literature--19th century
Arabic literature--20th century
- Table of Contents:
- Lebanon -- Syria -- Egypt -- Sudan -- Iraq -- Palestine and Jordan -- Arab North Africa -- The Arabian Peninsula and the Gulf -- Yemen.
- Traces the development of Arab women's literature from the nineteenth-century through the end of the twentieth century. Also includes a comprehensive bibliography of writing by Arab women.
- Language Note:
- Translated from the Arabic.
- Physical Type/Description:
- 1 online resource (xiii, 526 pages)
- General Note:
- Originally published in Arabic in 2004 by Nour as Dhakirah lil-mustaqbal : mawsu'at al-katibah al-'Arabiyah.
- Local Note:
- Available to current Emory University students, faculty and staff.
- Catalog ID (MMSID):
- OCLC Number: